Liverpool

I've never been for a proper look around Liverpool and MR CB only ever goes for work, so when we saw a decent hotel by the river on special offer on a voucher site we snapped it up. 

We arrived at Liverpool Line Street station and made a bee line for St Johns Beacon for it's far reaching 360 degree views. Great for getting our bearings.



Including spotting our hotel far to the left next to the white big wheel.


We had a good view from our hotel when we got to it too. This was the view from the corridor:


And this was the view from our room when a seagull knocked on the window the next morning to ask for our complimentary biscuits:

I enjoyed wandering around taking in the impressive buildings built on a massive scale, and spending time by the river.




We couldn't go into the Catholic cathedral as it was being used for graduation ceremonies so we we had a walk around it.



After that we walked to the Anglican cathedral, where I was in awe of the scale of it. It was so big inside that I felt like I was outside.







One night in Liverpool was enough of a taster to make me want to go back, so we'll hopefully get to go for another night in Autumn. There was so much to see, not to mention more tempting places to eat than any other city I've been to, so I'm looking forward to another visit.

Comments