Girly to the max

I was in a baking mood again so I made some cupcakes flavoured and coloured pink with Grenadine, with vanilla icing, sprinkles and mini Loveheart sweets on top.

I didn't know they even made mini Lovehearts and was chuffed to see that despite their diminutive size they still contain those random little words.

Nothing says 'I wuv oo' like GRR, LOL and COOL
I used a recipe for Fluffy Buttercream Frosting from allrecipes.com and it's light compared to normal buttercream and tastes good, but it's very gooey and didn't hold it's shape. It would probably have been better if I'd added a little extra icing sugar to the mix early on, but I was timid and refused to disobey the recipe, persevering with it and ignoring the fact that it was a bowl of goo. My quest for the right cupcake frosting continues.

Comments