Monday morning cheer

Hello and thanks for dropping by. I'm a knitting, crafting, veg growing, baking, thrifty sort of girl and I'd like to share my recipes, projects and whatnot with you. 


I was thinking Sunday night thoughts - you know, how suddenly Monday morning seems mere minutes away - and I realised only one thing could save me from moping about; a batch of cakes of course, to help me and my colleagues get through the inevitable mid afternoon Monday slump. My favorite ones right now are chocolate and orange - here's a picture of them wearing some rather fetching cases and sugar orange wedges:






And here's the recipe for 10 to 12 fairy cakes or 6 muffins.


100g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
100g Stork type spread (I use the Tesco Value version as it's very cheap and works well)
2 eggs
20g cocoa powder
2 tsp orange flavouring
50g dark chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 180C and line whichever type of cake tin you're using with cases.


Using a hand whisk beat together the sugar and spread. Add one of the eggs and a little of the flour and beat together. Add the second egg, the orange flavoring and a little more flour and beat again. Then add all the remaining flour and the cocoa powder and beat well. Stir through the chocolate chips then spoon into the cases. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.


I decorated this batch by using melted chocolate to glue on little sugar wedges.


Don't forget to clean the bowl carefully by using a spatula to gobble up all the remaining cake goo, mmmmm.



Comments