Rainbow things

Here's the New Thing I was working on yesterday and finished today. I was lucky enough to be given a Kindle at the weekend as it was an unwanted gift. The cover was pretty bulky so I decided what it really needed was a stripy crocheted one.



I used DK yarn from my stash and a button that I bought in a big, cheap pack from The Bead and Button Company on Amazon. I made a foundation chain of 22 with a 4mm hook, worked 3 rows in each colour and kept going until it fit around the Kindle. I could have done with making it 2 or 3 stitches wider as it's a tight fit, bit it will probably stretch. 


I love using stash yarn, it feels like getting something for free! It was simple to make, cost next to nothing and has bought some rainbow stripes into the world.


There were more rainbows today in the form of these cute little windmills, 3 for £1 in the pound shop. Once the high winds have died down they'll be taking up residence in the pots in my garden and will add a little colour to tide me over until the flowers start blooming.




I hope the grey weather isn't getting you down and that  you're finding little rainbows too.

Comments

  1. Love your little kindle cover - so bright and cheery!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kindle cover is fab! I agree that using up the stash feels like getting things for free. No rainbows here , more like a total white-out as I've been giving the lounge walls another coat of white paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you being given a Kindle. The cover you've made is wonderful, lovely and bright and cheery. I love the little windmills too, I shall look out for some of those myself, they'll really brighten up the pots until the flowers are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great gift - and what a great cover!!! I love rainbow thingies!!! Very bright and cheerful and happy!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment