Four days of fun

I've had a long, four day weekend and I've enjoyed it so much that I've now got that end of holiday feeling as I'm going back to work tomorrow. It's been an excellent few days of day trips, relaxing, making things and a few surprises too. 

I've made progress on a crochet blanket:


Finished a pair of socks:


Found stash yarn for the next pair (the yarn's left over from previous socks so it feels like free yarn):


And the strawberry wine's finished fermenting so we've added the finings and it's having a day to clear:


I've also started crocheting some rose brooches to sell on the next Hope Pastures open day, picket a ton of blackberries and done some batch cooking for the freezer, so it's been quite a productive time. Done bugger all around the house mind you, it looks like a bomb hit it! We've got guests at the weekend though so that means a Friday After Work Special - attack the mess swiftly and mercilessly (and fudge it ie. shove stuff away in drawers and cupboards!).

Ah well, back to it tomorrow after a refreshing four days of fun, frollics, foraging and footling about.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have been a busy bee! Our house looks like a bomb site at the moment because we are decorating the living room and every other single room in the house has 'stuff' from the living room in it so it all looks a complete mess. I'll be glad when we get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's put me off decorating for so long - having to move stuff into other rooms and pack things up. My house is already a mess without all that too!

      Delete

Post a Comment