The Real Cheeky Vimto


In March I started this Vimto wine.  After it finished fermenting I transferred it to a fresh demi john a put it in the cold basement for a couple of months.  I have to say it's really quite drinkable.  It tastes how I'd hoped it would; Vimto, but alcoholic.  I've no idea what the abv is but it's certainly warming and looks lovely in our charity shop decanter and crystal glasses.

We've started off two more wines tonight; plain grape juice, as it's always turned out well with £1 a litre grape juice, and Ocean Spray cranberry and grape juice, which was on offer at Fultons.  The cranberry could be a triumph or a disaster; it's mainly grape juice so it should be ok, but cranberry juice is quite unpredictable in fermenting and could just die off.  As always, time will tell.

Comments