Third Generation Shovel



Sometimes small achievements just make your day don't they?  Today I got some wire wool and spent some time rubbing off as much rust as possible from my Little Nana's shovel, then I wiped it down with a damp cloth, let it dry and rubbed it all over with olive oils (the metal and the wooden handle).  The oil's had time to sink in and now it's looking much better.  It's still got rust on it but is usable and it's nice to know I'm using a shovel my Little Nana used for years and years.

Comments

  1. We had a lovely one like that too but unfortunately, the handle broke and we couldn't get it out to replace it. Still got the bottom part though just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats brilliant! They made things to last back then didnt they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment