Sunday Soup: Parsnip and Leek

 Sundays are often soup days in the Crafty Blueberry household as I like to prepare for the work week ahead as much as possible, and a batch of soup gives me enough to have a couple fresh and some in the freezer so I can alternate between soup and leftovers.

Today's soup is parsnip and leek as that's what's on offer in Aldi at the moment.  It smells earthy, sweet and oniony and is a hearty soup indeed.



To make 6 large portions of soup you will need:

3 parsnips, chopped
3 leeks, chopped
Vegetable tock cubes - I ended up using 3 as I like the strong flavour but you could less
2 litres of boiling water
Mixed herbs
Black pepper
Olive oil

Heat the oil and gently fry the black pepper and herbs for half a minute then add the leeks, cover and sweat for 5 minutes.  Add the parsnips and stock dissolved in the water.  Simmer for 20 minutes then blend it all up in a blender. 

I hope you're enjoying the Autumn as much as I am.  I do dread Winter but I try to make as much of the cooling weather as possible, with crisp walks, hearty food and blankets on the sofa.  And soup of course!

Autumn pretending to be Summer at Rodley Nature Reserve

Comments