Homemade Christmas Gifts

I've been trying to come up with some creative gifts this year and here are the first two of my home made gifts for Christmas 2014.

The stocking is the first of three I'm working on for the little people in my life.  Knitting a big Christmas stocking rather than the usual humans sized ones made me feel like I'd shrunk.  It was fun to make, a good project for on the move and I enjoyed adding the pompoms.  I've just bought a set of pom pom makers (a copy of the Clover ones) and I can see myself adding pom poms to everything in sight.  Poor Mr Crafty Blueberry, he may be living in Pom Pom Hell within weeks.  Anyway, the stocking was dead straightforward:  I cast on 76 stitchess with double knitting yarn on 4mm needles, knit until the leg was long enough, turned the heel as usual then knit the foot until it was in proportion to the leg.


The next gift is a sweet hamper.  I liked the look of the retro sweetie hampers around the internet so decided to make one of my own.  I bought the sweets from Aldi, who do great versions of all the branded sweets which are at least as good as, if not better than the real thing.  I transferred the sweets into little cellophane bags I had from last Christmas and tied them with ribbon.  For the box I saved and washed one of the plastic tubs that mushrooms are sold in and wrapped it in paper.  I topped it off with some lolly pops.


I'm working on two more Christmas stockings at the moment and there are some other things I want to try making over the next couple of weeks, so I'll be posting my progress here.

Comments