Reverse vanishing act

Blogging advice says that if you've left a blog dormant for a while and you want to start writing again don't draw attention to it. Have that first blog post as a regular old post, with no reference that you vanished without a trace.



Well it's my blog and that's not me, and I find it a bit odd anyway when a blogger suddenly reappears without comment. Here I am then standing up and saying I vanished for, I think, about a year then came back for one post and vanished for another year. When I first left the blog I really thought it had run it's course. Then I missed it and intended to come back, hence the single post. After that I got busy with EVERYTHING (seriously, big issues with over committing myself and wanting to do all the things) and I just forgot about it.

In that missing year I did a lot I now wish I'd recorded here but I was also caught up in a great deal of stuff that took a lot of time and energy. I started training for a new career, lost a family member and changed jobs three or four times (I honestly lost track) because of restructuring. On, and we bought a house! Beyond that I was crippled by my own huge amount of ideas and plans! I do have history of procrastinating because I give myself too many options or too many goals, but that's something that I'm working on calming down so I can get some headspace in my life.

I'm back on Crafty Blueberry because I really have missed recording the little things that make me happy, and I've missed having a voice. I've reached a point where I don't feel attached to if people read what I write - although you are very much welcomed if you do, and I hope you'll say hello - because it's more important for me to have a place to write and acknowledge that things I love, from baking to gardening, from crystals to tarot, from life coaching to knitting.

Now, let's see if this is the first of many or the last one this year!

Comments