Second Attempt

Here's my second attempt at icing cupcakes. The cake is chocolate mint iced with mint buttercream and chocolate buttons. The cake mix smelled very enticing, let me tell you. I've done a better job on these with the icing than on my first attempt but there's still a lot left to be desired. I'm going to get a piping bag with a different nozzle and have another go, and I'm hoping that a steady hand comes with practice. I'm pleased with the consistency of the icing though, and I'm lucky enough to have plenty of volunteers to kindly eat each experiment, so progress and treats have both been made.

I've just found this icing tutorial and it was very helpful, it's given me a clearer idea of what to do next time. Hopefully I'll have got it right before me and everyone I know has become too large to fit through the front door...

Comments