Nice things this week

 

This week has been the first this year when it’s felt like proper Autumn, with wind, rain and sudden golden sunshine. Despite the bad weather Ford the gnome dragged us out for a very fine coffee with a scary Halloween face last Sunday, and an excellent gluten free cake at Wildcraft bakery in Meanwood:


The lower temperature reminded me I have a part completed crochet blanket on the go so I got that out and enjoyed working on it again. It’s a giant granny square in rainbow colours and cream yarn:


We’ve been going out for brisk walks up the hill at lunchtime as usual on most days. The sky looked to big on Thursday, I just stood looking up at it and enjoying how open it is up there on the hill:



Whilst there I noticed one last poppy had flowered, all alone by the road. There were hundreds but they died off in September, so this one’s really marching to the beat of it’s own drum:


Here’s my favourite Poppy though:


The sunrise here was beautiful this morning. I was listening to Aaron Copeland’s ‘Quiet City’ whilst looking at it, and sight and sound went hand in hand:







Comments