Golden Days

It's been a beautiful Autumn for the most part, from golden sunshine to torrential rain with some of those 'blah' flat, grey days in between. 

Here are the golden  days.

One of me and Mr Crafty Blueberry's favourite walks is on the Leeds Liverpool Canal, starting at Silsden walking part way to Bingley. It's a corridor of fields and woods running between moorland and a busy A road, with footpaths branching off from it here and there. A style built into a dry stone wall led us to a stream running happily through sheep fields. It was deeply peaceful sitting beside it and listening to it chattering away in the sunshine.




I've always wanted to find a secret wood, thanks to reading 'The Magic Faraway Tree' and 'Narnia' when I was young. Well I finally found one, very well tucked away not far from where I live.

Down a lane...
 

...through a gate...


...and into thr secret wood.



I'm pleased to report that it really did feel magical when I found it.

Comments